Dr Mazda has been trained and specialized in performing complex Brain and Spine surgeries with a Minimally invasive approach. After earning Diploma in Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery from Beijing, China, he then went on to complete a fellowship in skull-base surgery and neuro-oncology at the illustrious Toronto Western Hospital, Canada and another fellowship in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery at the Rush University in Chicago, USA. Dr Mazda K. Turel earned his specialization in cerebrovascular surgery, with an emphasis on arterial bypasses in the brain, from the Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
He understands the specific requirement of each patient and gives focused attention to the treatment. He is one of the most trusted Spine and Neuro Surgeons in Mumbai, India
- American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons (AASAN) scholarships to visit various departments of Neurosurgery in America that specialize in skull base and cerebrovascular surgery. (Oct –Dec 2014)
- SNO (Society of Neuro-oncology) travelling fellowship Nov 2014 to attend the annual meeting in Miami.
His Expertise are as follows:
- Fellowship in Complex & Minimally invasive Spine Surgery, Rush University Medical Centre, Chicago, USA.
- Fellowship in Neuro-oncology and Skullbase Surgery, Toronto Western Hospital, ON, Canada.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon at Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Consultant Neurosurgeon (Assistant Professor) in the Department of Neurological Sciences, CMC, Vellore.
Dr. Turel’s Memberships & Affiliations includes:
- Medical Council of India
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council
- Life member of the Neurological Society of India
- Life member of the Indian Society of Neuro-oncology
- Walter E. Dandy Neurosurgical Society
- Life member of the Bombay Neurosciences Association
Awards & Honors:
- In 2012: Awarded the Jacob Chandy Gold Medal for best student in M.Ch Neurosurgery. The 5th recipient of this prestigious award in 30 years.
- In 2013: Awarded the Dr. S. Kalyanaraman Endowment Gold Medal by the Institute of Neurology, Madras Medical College for outstanding performance in Neurosurgery.
Powered by: Travel health support